Glossary – Visual Guide
The Menu Panel is a navigation panel for Collectrium. It is located at the left side of the Collectrium window once signed in. The menu is sectioned off into five parts. From top to bottom, they are:
- Account Silhouette – This icon expands the account drop down menu when selected. This menu houses your account Settings, language settings, Quick Tour, What’s New, Help, and Sign Out. The Quick Tour option brings up a new window in which you are walked through the basics of Collectrium. What’s New shows you the newest updates to Collectrium software, and Help brings you to Collectrium’s Help page with tutorials, FAQs and contact information.
- Search Bar – Type in a phrase to search your entire collection.
- What’s Happening Now – This heading expands to include the Home screen for Collectrium. In its default settings, the Home screen shows auction results based on Objects in your collection as well as a search field to browse Collectrium’s auction results database. Clicking on Auction Prices will lead you to another tab where you can check past and future auction results based on filters or images you provide.
- Dashboard – Here you are provided with a general overview of your collection. The Dashboard is divided into three pages which are accessed via the three tabs in the top right hand corner of the screen: Collection Holdings, Collection History, and Information Completeness.
Collection Holdings provides an interactive pie chart, breaking your collection down into groups, allowing for an easy to understand overview of your holdings.
Collection History presents your collection in the form of an interactive timeline, providing an interesting way of visualising the comings and goings of you collection. Objects in your collection will appear on the date they were created, acquired, and when (if) sold.
Collection Completeness provides you with the means to know what object information you are missing, and easy access to the objects that may need updating. For instance, you can clearly see if you have any outstanding financial information or object details.
- Collection Management – This heading expands to include:
- My Collection, a visual organization of your collection.
- Dashboard, comprehensive and easy to read statistics collected by Collectrium.
- Groups, a listing of all the Groups in your collection.
- Objects, a listing of all the Objects in your collection.
- Artists, a list of all Artists represented in your collection.
- Contacts, a list of contacts who are or have been involved with your collection.
- Attachments, a list of all Attachments, Images, and Exports associated with your collection.
- Operations – This heading expands to include:
- Location Mgt, view, edit, add, and delete Locations, Location Changes, and Shipping Instructions.
- Acquisitions, view edit, add, and delete Acquisitions, Auction Acquisitions, Incoming Consignments, and Incoming Offers.
- Sales, view, edit, add, and delete Sales, Auction Sales, Outgoing Consignments, Auction Outgoing Consignments, and Outgoing Offers.
- Valuations, edit, add, and delete Appraisals and Valuations.
- Insurance, edit, add, and delete Insurance Policy information.
- Conservation, edit, add, and delete Conservation Reports.
- Provenance, edit, add, and delete Exhibition histories and Outgoing Loans.
- Expenses, edit, add, and delete all Expenses associated with your collection.
- Reports, create a Report or view and edit Reports that have been made in Collectrium.
- Individual Object Page – Each object in your collection has its own Object Page. It is the single access point to all of the information pertaining to the object: object details, provenance, current location, activities & financials, condition, images, documentation, and comparables.
- To the right hand side of the screen information is also provided about you object based on the information you have recorded: its ranking within the collection according to value; its value over time; and what groups it is assigned to.
- Actions Button – The Actions button, within object view, is where you can find options to request services, record activity and generally manage your collection.