Create a Custom Report Template – Visual How To Guide
You can’t always rely on industry standard templates to include what you want to report on. Collectrium’s report suite has been developed to meet this issue, and enables you to create your own custom report templates, meeting your specific needs. These templates can be saved for repeat use, deleted and edited when required. Learn how to create a custom report template with this visual guide.
Create a Custom Report Template
1. Once you have selected objects to report on, click on the Actions button in the top right hand corner of the page, then select Report/Export from top of the actions menu.
2. At the bottom of the new report module click on the +Report button;
- This will produce the first of three steps with which to create your custom report template.
Step 1 – Format and Header/Footer
- Add a template title in the top left hand corner of the page (so you can recognise it for future use);
- Select the Output format (PDF or Word);
- Choose a Layout (List, Factsheet, Table or Table Summary);
- And finally, define the Font from the drop down menu
If you wish, you can also add further details to the Header and Footer of each page such as a logo, custom text, report date and page number by clicking on the options provided in the right hand section of the screen.
Once satisfied move on to the next step of the process by clicking on Object Details and Grouping on the right hand side of the screen.
Step 2 – Object Details and Grouping
- Click on + Group by to define how the objects included in the report will be grouped by selecting the options provided in drop down menu (e.g. by Category or Location);
- You can also define the way objects within each group are ordered in the right hand section of the screen by selecting from the options provided in the drop down menu, under Order by (such as by Accession No. or Artist name);
- Under Object summary you can choose which object Attributes are to be included and what order they are displayed;
- There is also the ability to include Additional Images if required, and Groups Totals if financial information is included.
To complete the third and final step of creating your custom template click on Introduction and Closing Details in the right hand section of the screen.
Step 3 – Introduction and Closing Details
- Add a title, contact information and custom text to the introductory and closing pages of the report template.
3. Save your template by clicking on red Save button on the right hand side of the screen;
- You will then be presented with the list of saved templates to select from and generate a report with.
4. Select your new report template by clicking in the template name (which is in bold);
- If you don’t see your template in the initial display, click Show More at the bottom of the list.
5. Once you have clicked on the template you want to use, enter a Report Title (optional) in the field provided then hit Generate.
6. Watch the progress of your report generation in the bottom centre of your screen. Once completed your new report will then be downloaded to your browser and available for viewing in your downloads folder.
Report Template Actions
When it comes to creating your custom report templates, it is not always necessary to start from scratch. In fact, it is possible to duplicate or edit existing templates to suit your requirements. Also, if there is a template you no longer want included as an option, you can delete it.
To do this, hover your cursor over the template option and click on Actions to the right which will produce a drop down menu. The options available to you are Edit, Duplicate, and Delete Report.