Last updated: May 16, 2016
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Collectrium collects the following types of information via the Site and the Services directly from you and indirectly through our third party service providers and advertising partners (our “Providers”).
Personal Information: We collect and process certain information about you such as your name, mailing address and email (“Personal Information”) during registration. We may also collect Personal Information when you communicate with us, respond to a survey or purchase Services. We use a Provider to collect and process credit card and other financial information necessary to complete purchases, and do not retain any such information. Personal Information does not include information regarding corporate entities or information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public Personal Information.
Other Information: We may collect and/or process certain other information via the Site including:
- Usage Data: When you use the Site or the Services, we may collect information such as your IP address, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Site you visit, number of links you click while using the Site, search terms, operating system, the type of mobile device you are using, device model, Site version and related statistics, keywords and/or other data.
- Geolocational Information: In order to provide certain of the Services while you are using our Site we may automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device, wireless carrier or certain third party service providers (“Geolocational Information”). Your mobile device also permits you to turn off the location services. Please be sure to manage your mobile device and privacy preferences for the Services on a consistent basis. We may also collect, or use Providers to collect, information regarding your current location (e.g., by IP address, or by latitude/longitude) when you use the Site or the Services.
- Collection Information: information about your collection inputted into the Site.
Usage Data, Geolocational Information and Collection Information are collectively referred to as the “Other Information.”
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
MARKETING AND OPTING OUT
We may use your Personal Information to enable us to provide you with information regarding our products and services, and the products and services of third parties, both within the Site and by email. To enable us to tailor this information we may link or combine Personal Information with other personally identifiable information (such as transaction history) and Other Information that is available from our records and other sources, and then assess, analyze and use this combined information.
If you prefer not to receive any email marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collection information, by using the unsubscribe page on the site or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
There are certain circumstances where we may share your Personal Information and/or Other Information with third parties without notice to you, including:
- Agents, Providers and Related Third Parties: We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal obligation, report unlawful activity, cooperate with law enforcement, or protect against legal liability, (b) protect and defend our rights, property, personnel, suppliers, sponsors, agents or licensors, or (c) protect the personal safety of our customers or the public.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information and/or Other Information may be included in the transferred assets.
- Aggregated Information: We may aggregate Personal Information and Other Information and provide it to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers or other third parties, in response to a government request, or to other third parties for lawful purposes.
- Third Party Providers: The Site may include links to Third Party Sites. We do not operate the Third Party Sites, and have no control over any Third Party Products, or applicable privacy policies. If you click on a link to Third Party Sites, purchase Third Party Products, or otherwise interact with the Third Party Sites, we may disclose your Personal Information and/or Other Information to the third party provider(s). All Personal Information and/or Other Information disclosed to third party providers shall be subject to the privacy policies for the applicable Third Party Site.
You may be aware that Collectrium is a member of the Christie’s group of companies. For avoidance of doubt, Collectrium will not share your Personal Information or Collection Information with any other Christie’s group company without your prior consent.
USE OF CERTAIN TECHNOLOGIES
Like most web sites, we use automatic data collection technology when you visit the Site to record information that identifies your computer, to track your use of the Site and/or the Services, and to collect certain basic information about you and your surfing habits. This Usage Data includes information about your operating system, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of a website you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Site and the Services. We may collect this Usage Data by using cookies and pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs). Cookies are small packets of data that a web site stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web site users. You can reject cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet provider’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still visit the Site, but may not be able to use some areas of the Site and/or the Services. We do not collect Personal Information in this way, but if you’ve provided us with Personal Information we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically. Our Providers may perform automatic data collection on our behalf.
We may use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile Usage Data, as well as interaction with emails from us. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website tied to the web beacon, and a description of a website tied to the web beacon. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to the Site.
When you visit the Site, we collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address to track and aggregate non-personal information. For example, we use IP addresses to monitor the regions from which visitors navigate the Site. We also collect IP addresses from users when they log into the Services.
WORLDWIDE TRANSFERS AND PROCESSING
We will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the security and integrity of all Personal Information provided to our website, or by any other means electronic or otherwise.
We will ensure that your Personal Information is reasonably protected against both unauthorized physical and electronic access. These measures include an electronic firewall and various other protection measures that involve virus scanning, installation of security patches, vulnerability testing, backup and recovery planning, employee training, security audits and other steps designed constantly to improve the data protection posture. However, we cannot guarantee that information during transmission through the internet or any computer network is entirely safe from unauthorized intrusion, access or manipulation. We will have no liability for disclosure of information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties. In any event, where we believe Personal Information has been compromised, we will notify you.
Upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to Personal Information that we have about you for the purpose of reviewing and/or modification. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. Please contact email@example.com.
Access rights (EEA citizens): You have the legal right to a copy of the information which we hold about you, including information on how this will be used and to ensure this information is accurate. To exercise this right please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access rights (California residents): Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To submit a request pursuant to Section 1798.83, please contact Collectrium via email at email@example.com.
We may send Customers legally required notifications and certain other notices including, but not limited to, service related notices, or transactional communications related to your account. For example, we may send you a notice regarding server problems or scheduled maintenance to the Site. In order to opt-out of receiving these notices, you may need to deactivate your account.
Except as may be specified in any agreement between you and us, we may retain and use your Personal Information and Other Information for as long as is required to fulfill our business objectives, even after your account is terminated.
HOW TO CONTACT US